View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Whimsical Wednesday

Rate this Entry
by , July 21st, 2016 at 12:19 AM (68 Views)
Thanks to something going on in/around Thousand Oaks, hotel rates pushed me all the way to Oxnard last night; that's a bad thing for the drive from Burbank and back to my client in TO this morning, but a very good thing for my ability to make the Ventura County Masters morning workout at the exceptional Ventura Aquatic Center (aerial view courtesy of Google):

The pool was long course and the Masters team had the whole thing. I ended up logging 3,400 LCM and none of it was too hard, but we started with some more whimsical sets that included streamline pushoffs at mid-pool from the bottom and feet-first sculling on our backs. I did push some things here and there, but mostly just enjoyed the long course morning.

As whimsical as the morning was, my evening was the opposite. I got caught in the Great Southwest Glitch (http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...ties/87352584/) and had my flight cancelled back home. Not a good week for Southwest in my books, but I'll hopefully get home tomorrow morning ... re-booked myself on American

Submit "Whimsical Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Whimsical Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Whimsical Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Whimsical Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments