View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

See-mee get another pool, but not-alotta workout

Rate this Entry
by , October 18th, 2016 at 10:42 PM (71 Views)
I had a late flight over to Burbank on Sunday night, landing there around 10pm. I wanted to get to sleep as early as possible and so stayed in Simi Valley, instead of trekking onwards to Camarillo. As I have had some frustrating experiences with the staff at the otherwise fine Rancho Simi Community Pool, I managed to drop into the Masters workout at the Simi Valley YMCA. After two harder and longer workouts, I had planned to go more moderate and about 2K, so was perfectly happy with the 2,100 yards I did there. I was even happier to squeeze in 2 miles on the treadmill and my 20 minute yoga session back at the hotel before I had to head over to my meetings for the day.

Today starts a bizarre time for my wife and I: she's on a business trip both this week and the early part of next week. She's transforming her role and, while she won't start to travel like me, she will have some travel here and there. Hopefully, we'll be able to juggle this. While I'm really happy to be 'grounded' from travel so I can be home for #3 daughter, it's kind of weird to be home without my wife!

I was slammed all day and kind of thought I was going to do a little more this evening in the pool, but I only managed 1,750 SCM before I called it quits. That's not the end of the world as today should have technically been a day off. Will try to swim longer tomorrow!

Submit "See-mee get another pool, but not-alotta workout" to Digg Submit "See-mee get another pool, but not-alotta workout" to del.icio.us Submit "See-mee get another pool, but not-alotta workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "See-mee get another pool, but not-alotta workout" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments