View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Authorized to swim ... a bit

Rate this Entry
by , February 2nd, 2017 at 09:25 PM (73 Views)
After my PT session on Wednesday, my PT authorized me to get in the water today in a very restricted way:
  • 15 minutes
  • The vast majority of it kicking with my arms at my side
  • If I wanted to swim, do breaststroke first
  • Try one lap of freestyle

I'm trying to be a good patient and, after my 2.25 mile run on the treadmill, did 750 yards as follows:
  • 1 x 400: IM, 25 kick w/arms at side - 25 drill
    • Fly - right arm only
    • Back - right arm only
    • Breast - 1 pull (easy) with 2-3 kicks
    • Free - right arm only

• 4 x 75: kick w/snorkel going 50 flutter - 25 breast
  • 1 x 25: easy freestyle
  • 1 x 25: easy breaststroke

It felt glorious to be in the pool and there was no pain during or after. I'll go to PT tomorrow and see what's next from here.

The funny thing is that I've been in a FANTASTIC MOOD the entire day since I swam. I know it was next to nothing that I did, but my mood has been off the charts. Even my sometimes surly teenager noticed tonight when I was picking her up from her workout. She took the time to actually look up from her cell phone and say, "Dad, why are you so happy?"

Submit "Authorized to swim ... a bit" to Digg Submit "Authorized to swim ... a bit" to del.icio.us Submit "Authorized to swim ... a bit" to StumbleUpon Submit "Authorized to swim ... a bit" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It felt glorious to be in the pool and there was no pain during or after. I'll go to PT tomorrow and see what's next from here.

The funny thing is that I've been in a FANTASTIC MOOD the entire day since I swam. I know it was next to nothing that I did, but my mood has been off the charts. Even my sometimes surly teenager noticed tonight when I was picking her up from her workout. She took the time to actually look up from her cell phone and say, "Dad, why are you so happy?"
    I know exactly how you feel. Back when I was mega-running and injured, my entire outlook changed the day the PT said, "how about you go on the treadmill?" I remember asking, "are you sure?"

Hope you're able to get wet at least somewhat regularly, and hopefully begin to build back.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I know exactly how you feel. Back when I was mega-running and injured, my entire outlook changed the day the PT said, "how about you go on the treadmill?" I remember asking, "are you sure?"

Hope you're able to get wet at least somewhat regularly, and hopefully begin to build back.
    I am glad you can relate (well, not glad you had to get injured so you can relate). I think the plan is to go slooooowly in the pool and very gradually increase.
    I can relate Patrick. Years ago, I had shoulder surgery. I had to stay dry for a few months for rehab. When I was given the green light to get in the water and start kicking, my attitude swung 180 degrees to the positive.

I hope your recovery goes well. I miss reading about your pool visits and practices.
    Great news Patrick!