View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

SLAPped and Celebration

Rate this Entry
by , April 26th, 2017 at 10:32 AM (87 Views)
I have deftly managed to avoid being sucked to either Vegas or Orlando for a business conference for the last three years (http://forums.usms.org/entry.php?330...her-such-stuff), but couldn't avoid it this year. Other than having a lot of hotel rooms and meeting rooms, I still find it odd to have conferences in these locations for a variety of reasons:
  • Thanks to all of the tourists, traveling into or out of either city's airport is a pain
  • Orlando, in particular, is almost always expensive
  • Our conference events run from ~8am until ~10pm each day, so we're not seeing any of the sights of these cities
  • Particularly in Vegas, when conference participants do 'enjoy' the city, you see dramatic reduction in participation as the days go on

The only upside for me is that I can add some pools to my www.1001pools.com list! On my recovery plan, I'm up to a planned total of 6,650 yards this entire week, spread over 4 workouts. I got in two of these between 1,250 SCM yesterday at the Celebration Fitness Center ...

... and then my longest workout of the year, 1750 SCY with Swim Like A Pro Masters (http://www.swim-like-a-pro.com/) at the Windermere Prep School ...

I am swimming pain free, if very slowly right now, and happy to be on my road to recovery.

Submit "SLAPped and Celebration" to Digg Submit "SLAPped and Celebration" to del.icio.us Submit "SLAPped and Celebration" to StumbleUpon Submit "SLAPped and Celebration" to Google

Tags: pool list
Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

there are very few organized masters team practices in Orlando I've found. at least in the morning. I think the most regular group is a lunch time one at the Swim Center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    there are very few organized masters team practices in Orlando I've found. at least in the morning. I think the most regular group is a lunch time one at the Swim Center.
    Yeah, I agree. If I wasn't focused on going to new pools, though, I'd be happy with the main YMCA Aquatic Center since they have such generous lap swimming times and lanes. Also, right now, I'm not a good candidate for joining Masters workouts as I should be doing more drill and kicking than I did this morning. Still, Sara, who coaches SLAP, was GREAT.
    I think I swam at both those pools last year. It always surprises me that there are not more programs in the Orlando area as well.

So glad you are on the road to recovery Patrick. Maybe we will get a chance to race next year when we are both back to full fitness. Maybe we can talk mark into finally doing the 500/400 and the three of us can race.