View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Sun Aug 16: sprained ankle

Rate this Entry
by , August 16th, 2009 at 10:58 AM (953 Views)
Woke up with a horrible headache, and that should have been a sign to go back to bed. But I got up, took some aspirin, and waited around. Eventually the headache subsided, and I got started around 6am.

I ran just over 1/2 mile, at the first street to cross I went over to push the 'walk' button, and my right foot slid off the sidewalk. This has happened before and just minor pain. But this time it felt worse...so I walked over to a nearby bench. As soon as I sat down I watched my ankle balloon up. Another runner stopped, she said she saw what happened and the look on my face. She offered to go home and drive back to get me home, but I said I'd be OK. I hobbled that 1/2 mile back, and have been laying on the couch, some ice, elevated, and have it wrapped in a compression bandage right now.

Can't remember having anything this severe in recent memory. I just hope it doesn't last too long....I get very antsy without working out for a while, and I already missed with my trip to Vegas last week. At least if I need to, I can work from home for a few days.

Submit "Sun Aug 16:  sprained ankle" to Digg Submit "Sun Aug 16:  sprained ankle" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun Aug 16:  sprained ankle" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun Aug 16:  sprained ankle" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry man, that timing sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Sorry man, that timing sucks.
    Exactly. Well all I can do is do what I can, try to let this thing heal. I stayed off the forums while I couldn't workout, as I didn't need anything else to get me more depressed. Thankfully I'm able to do some stuff again.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I stayed off the forums while I couldn't workout, as I didn't need anything else to get me more depressed.
    Yep, I totally agree. My comments depress most people.

I have not worked out since last Thursday and so I feel your not working out pain.
    I actually enjoy your little quips. Not depressing at all. What can be depressing is hearing of everyone else working out while I'm not.

So what's your story? Why no workouts for the past week?
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    So what's your story? Why no workouts for the past week?
    Vasectomy was last Friday. If I can get my ass out of bed at 4am after a week of sleeping in until 5:45, I will swim tomorrow. Weights are a definite for tomorrow afternoon.

Take care of that ankle. The less you use it, the faster it will heal.