View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Sun Aug 23: my non-workout entry

Rate this Entry
by , August 23rd, 2009 at 08:23 PM (554 Views)
My ankle is progressing a little. It was definitely a mistake for me to dive into working out like I did, and it probably put me a few days behind in the healing process. Right now, I don't expect to do any real working out for at least a week, and running probably not for about 2 weeks. I've been actively following the RICE routine: Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. There's just one tendon on the right side of my foot that took the brunt of this and it is still very tender.

I've been reading a bit, mostly planning for an upcoming vacation to Australia. Also picked up a travel book, In a Sunburned Country, which is a great book about a guy who traveled rather extensively around the country. I used to read quite a bit, but now can't even remember the last time I've read a book from beginning to end. Trying to avoid reading too much about workouts, as it makes me think of all the working out I'm missing.

Really don't know if I'll be able to do the Steamtown Marathon right now. Certainly anything fast is out the window. Much will depend on when I can start back and how quickly things progress. At least prior to this, I was up to 16+ miles for a long run, so I'm hoping it won't take too much to get back up there.

Have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I had scheduled it 3 weeks ago, more about my shoulder pain, but I do plan to ask about my ankle.

Submit "Sun Aug 23:  my non-workout entry" to Digg Submit "Sun Aug 23:  my non-workout entry" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun Aug 23:  my non-workout entry" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun Aug 23:  my non-workout entry" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments