View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Teenager

Rate this Entry
by , January 11th, 2009 at 07:52 PM (349 Views)
With all the working out I've been doing the past few months, I was feeling not quite so old as the calendar would say I was. That feeling lasted until Saturday morning when we celebrated my oldest daughter's 13th birthday. Yeah, I know lots of USMS folks have passed the milestone of having a teenager, but it somehow made me feel older than turning 40 a couple of years ago. The only saving grace for the day yesterday was when the old lady at Trader Joe's gave me a "mercy carding" when I tried to buy a few bottles of cheap wine.

What with the festivities yesterday, this weekend was limited in exercise. My back is feeling much better after taking it pretty easy for a couple of weeks and seeing the chiro a couple of times. I split a weight session over Saturday and Sunday (full body, 3 sets of 12 similar to the Program A I posted awhile ago) and got in a core class today.

On the weightlifting front, I feel like I'm ready to jump back onto the Lezak program next week, but a few weeks behind my original plan. I'll spend the rest of this month on the "endurance phase" and will be jumping back into the 2nd week of 3 sets of 15 reps next week. I imagine I'll still be a bit tentative on the poundage.

Submit "Teenager" to Digg Submit "Teenager" to del.icio.us Submit "Teenager" to StumbleUpon Submit "Teenager" to Google

Updated January 16th, 2009 at 03:25 PM by pwb

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

My condolences on passing into that lovely phase of life ...

My teenagers drive me crazy on a regular basis (especially the girl). In fact, I'm sure there is no species that is more vain and self-centered and self-absorbed than the teenage girl.
    My back is feeling much better after taking it pretty easy for a couple of weeks and seeing the chiro a couple of times.

Is it possible that the couple bottles of cheap wine might have contributed as well to the unknotting of lumbar muscles?

Congrats on the teenager! Don't feel old! That picture of you with that remarkably youthful dad of yours should give you plenty of inspiration that the best is yet to come.
    Thanks, Fort and Jim, for the condolences, warnings and props. I still feel old and I'm still scared of the upcoming years.