Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know your a swimmer continued.

Blog Entries

Re: You know your a swimmer continued.

I miss the feeling of getting out of the pool tired after a workout and the sense of accomplishment. But more than that i miss the 10-15 minutes at 7 am chatting with friends in the shower and locker room after practices. It all ended so abruptly, just completely shutting down overnight. Chatting on messenger just isn't the same. Worse yet, our masters team folded and that episode in life seems sadly forever ended.
    Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up and go racin in the street. (Bruce Springsteen, 1978)

Very Active Member Redbird Alum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz View Post
    ... Worse yet, our masters team folded and that episode in life seems sadly forever ended.
    That last bit is indeed, sad. SO, pick yourself up, keep working out, and start looking for anther team, or at least a couple swim buddies!

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

When snorkeling while vacationing in the tropics you bring your usual swimming gear, but with a GoPro attached to the snorkel.

When free diving " " "

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

You care enough about the health and safetyof other swimmers enough to speak the truth (and get banned from the Forums for six weeks as a result).
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    You care enough about the health and safetyof other swimmers enough to speak the truth (and get banned from the Forums for six weeks as a result).
    Wow. I've seen those discussions. I had no idea that you were banned. I'm not sure how I feel about this place now.
    PRs: 25m-16.0/50m-34.75/100m-1:17.0/200m-2:55.5/400m-6:14/800m-12:50/1500m-24:57/3000m-?

2021 dream: 15.8/34.2/1:16.2/2:48.4/5:59/12:31/23:57/49:09

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skuj View Post
    Wow. I've seen those discussions. I had no idea that you were banned. I'm not sure how I feel about this place now.

It takes a complaint about a post to get banned-- specifically, if your post is deemed a "personal attack." Don't worry, Skuj; you
    are far more diplomatic to others than I have been over this past year. I have been on the Forums for nearly eleven years, and this was my first ban.
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post

It takes a complaint about a post to get banned-- specifically, if your post is deemed a "personal attack." Don't worry, Skuj; you
    are far more diplomatic to others than I have been over this past year. I have been on the Forums for nearly eleven years, and this was my first ban.
    And hopefully your last
    "To strive,to seek,to find,and not to yield" Tennyson
    Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12