Thread: Lap swim in Denver?

Participating Member

Lap swim in Denver?

I'm looking for a source to find lap swim times near downtown Denver. Anybody know of a good source or know where/when I can get in a pool? Costs? I live in Jefferson County.

TIA!

Jeanne,
    There are quite a few resources, check them out at www.comsa.org

The Denver University pool is fantastic (25 yd x 50 m) for indoor, there are alos a number of decent outdoor facilities.
    I crack myself up. It is jealousy. It is Boredom. I Did not accomplish enough when I was young, and I hate anybody faster/younger than me.

wonder how come the Aurora Masters doesn't have a website? I figured out where I'm living and Utah Park (I think that's what it's called) is the closest pool to me. I will live off Mississippi by Home Depot.

Within Downtown Denver, the finest facility is the Denver Athletic Club (DAC) 8 lanes by 25 meters, but it is also the most expensive and members only. Next would be the Downtown YMCA (I don't know anything about membership v. drop-in at the Y) and if your on a budget the 20th Street Gym where they have a 20 yard pool. The 20th Street Gym is part of Denver Parks & Rec. Denver Parks & Rec have other locations that are within 3 or 4 miles of Downtown. http://www.denvergov.org/Recreation/template23977.asp I swim & coach Masters at the University of Denver about 5 miles from Downtown http://www.recreation.du.edu/aquatics/index.html and as Paul says it is a fantastic pool. However during prime times 5:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. weekdays the Varsity, Age Group and Masters swim teams get priority which can leave very few lap lanes.