Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus/Covid19 discussions.

Very Active Member

Re: Coronavirus/Covid19 discussions.

Wow.

It's mind-boggling how "political" this disease is.

Good luck, America.
    Current PRs: 25m-:16.8/50m-:36.0/100m-1:19.5/200m-2:55.5/400m-6:14/800m-12:50/1600m-26:37

2020 goal: Break at least one of the above pre-covid PRs!!

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skuj View Post
    Wow.

It's mind-boggling how "political" this disease is.

Good luck, America.

You are SO fortunate to be in Canada right now (and to have been there over the past few years...)!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Very Active Member

Gull,

What I thought or did not think 4 months ago is irrelevant now. However, I found an article about this specific virus that laid out it's biology in a factual and complete manner - something the media has not done. Go to this link to read - https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01315-7. After reading this article and some of the latest WHO info, I don't plan to do into crowded areas without my "Ethyl alcohol 360 degree aerosol mister" going full bore (aka a can of Lysol to spray at anyone within 6').

I mention this here because this article casts serious doubt, because of the COVID-19 virus' biology, about a vaccine being developed quickly that will be effective. I don't expect our pools to open before mid-Fall if then.

Paul

Don't forget your mask, Paul!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

"Don't float through life orca1946's Avatar

If we could develop an air filter for water use, we would all buy and use it in our pool and open water workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrath View Post
    Gull,

What I thought or did not think 4 months ago is irrelevant now. However, I found an article about this specific virus that laid out it's biology in a factual and complete manner - something the media has not done. Go to this link to read - https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01315-7. After reading this article and some of the latest WHO info, I don't plan to do into crowded areas without my "Ethyl alcohol 360 degree aerosol mister" going full bore (aka a can of Lysol to spray at anyone within 6').

I mention this here because this article casts serious doubt, because of the COVID-19 virus' biology, about a vaccine being developed quickly that will be effective. I don't expect our pools to open before mid-Fall if then.

Paul
    Great article

According to Emory University's top expert: "COVID-19 is 20 times more deadly than the flu." So, for all of you who previously stated that the coronavirus is no worse than the flu, you are incorrect.

As we all see by the rising death toll world wide! Please wear a mask for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    As we all see by the rising death toll world wide! Please wear a mask for all of us!

New York City's positivity rate of those being tested = 2%
    Miami's positivity rate of those being tested = 33%

Your "freedom" of choice as to NOT wear a mask to keep you from spreading Covid 19 is not my Real world concern to keep all of us that deem this a death Pandemic from ask/tell you to think of others now!

This article has excellent updated information related to COVID-19 and common mistakes people are making. For the herd immunity camp, pay particular attention to "Mistaken assumption No. 2" :
    https://health.ucdavis.edu/health-news/coronavirus/uc-davis-experts-detail-common-mistakes-about-covid-19/2020/07?utm_campaign=covidnews&utm_medium=email&utm_sou rce=covid19news&fbclid=IwAR3tCAr-dJ6HCXdLpPik1uBynQm694wNiH4rI12SaEh2MXfOt4-_06xDHbY

Very Active Member

I fear for Humanity when Those In Charge start attacking Fauci. What I see in the news is simply mind boggling.
    Current PRs: 25m-:16.8/50m-:36.0/100m-1:19.5/200m-2:55.5/400m-6:14/800m-12:50/1600m-26:37

2020 goal: Break at least one of the above pre-covid PRs!!

Your opinion is not science based fact! Show me the medical study to back up your loud mouth then I might listen to you. I M O
    Just a general statement to all in this world filled with so many opinions.

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

The ear strings on the mask I find are highly irritating.

I have a "dust " mask that has a velcro strap in the back to hold it on. This eliminated the ear string thing. It also has 2 vents on the side to vent hot air, maybe not the best for holding in Covid??

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skuj View Post
    I fear for Humanity when Those In Charge start attacking Fauci. What I see in the news is simply mind boggling.
    Posted on Facebook by my state rep:
    "Knox County residents, in tonight’s meeting, the unelected Knox County Health Board will be voting on a new regulation to PROHIBIT ALL gatherings on both PUBLIC and PRIVATE property within the same 900 sq feet at 25 people. The only exceptions are at nursing homes, churches or property owned by the federal or state government.
    Yes, that includes everything...schools, ball fields, Bday parties....anything with over 25 people.
    They need to hear from you!!"

So yeah........we have subject matter experts, but we should reject them because they aren't elected.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts and prayers y'all are sending my way!

Very Active Member scyfreestyler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 67King View Post
    Posted on Facebook by my state rep:
    "Knox County residents, in tonight’s meeting, the unelected Knox County Health Board will be voting on a new regulation to PROHIBIT ALL gatherings on both PUBLIC and PRIVATE property within the same 900 sq feet at 25 people. The only exceptions are at nursing homes, churches or property owned by the federal or state government.
    Yes, that includes everything...schools, ball fields, Bday parties....anything with over 25 people.
    They need to hear from you!!"

So yeah........we have subject matter experts, but we should reject them because they aren't elected.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts and prayers y'all are sending my way!
    Unbelievable. Well, actually it's quite believable. Surely we have the greatest number, per capita, of selfish and entitled people in this country. I've been one of them on many occasions, I'm sure. But the defiance of science with COVID is just absurd.

A bit of a tangent perhaps, but I used to think that lawmakers who were against gun laws would change their tune if they or their families were ever the victims of gun violence. Then Steve Scalise happened. Even in the face of facts and reality, some people just can't see the forest through the trees.

Some can't agree that trees are not a hoax!!

It's funny how those who thought COVID-19 was a hoax have disappeared from these discussions...

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    It's funny how those who thought COVID-19 was a hoax have disappeared from these discussions...
    Maybe because they took the advice to stick to the topic and not take personal jabs.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine and not those of U.S. Masters Swimming.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast