Thread: USMS Privacy Policy and Swim.com

Blog Entries

USMS Privacy Policy and Swim.com

Can someone help me understand the relationship between USMS and Swim.com, Swimoutlet.com, and Spiraledge?

With the transition of the workouts, FLOG, Virtual Championships, etc., there is a concern about the privacy of the information being shared as well as the security.

As a swimmer, I have the ability to "opt out" of Swim.com, but the CLUB I own still exists on their platform. Without my permission, I'm not sure that I am comfortable with that. Here was the press release from 2019:

"As part of the partnership, Swim.com has added more than 1,300 USMS clubs to its platform, allowing non-USMS members to discover USMS clubs they may be interested in joining, and giving USMS members the ability to connect and compete with each other."

Does anyone have any extra insight on this arrangement, and is there a USMS Committee that would have an understanding and oversight?

Re: USMS Privacy Policy and Swim.com

I suggest you contact Jay Eckert in the national office. He should be able to answer your questions.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine and not those of U.S. Masters Swimming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Copeland View Post
    I suggest you contact Jay Eckert in the national office. He should be able to answer your questions.
    I'm not a fan...I was hoping to find someone who actually knows something AND is willing to answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by SwimDogs View Post
    I was hoping to find someone who actually knows something AND is willing to answer the question.
    That would be Jay.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine and not those of U.S. Masters Swimming.

Blog Entries

I appreciate your suggestion, Rob, but is there someone else, and potentially a USMS Committee with oversight of these partnerships? I'd rather communicate with someone from the volunteer group rather than a paid staff member.

In that case, I'd suggest the Executive Committee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Copeland View Post
    In that case, I'd suggest the Executive Committee.
    Just an FYI, Rob Copeland, that Kyle Deery from the National Office helped answer my questions and concerns.