Thread: Welcome

Very Active Member

Welcome

Welcome to all of the folks in the St. Louis area. (This lets all of the viewers who don't know that the Ozark LMSC really doesn't have the Ozark Mtns in it know where we are!)

Please post any suggestions or ideas that will help us serve the area.

Leo

Leo,
    I just wanted to say hello to you and Diane and all of my old swimming friends from St. Louis (Ardeth, too). I've been in Knoxville for a dozen years or so now and saw your post and wanted to touch base with you. I've been back in the water for about a year now, after another one of my extended breaks. Hope to see you guys somewhere at a meet.
    Greg Grass

Very Active Member
    Good to hear from you Greg. Some of us have been in and out just as you have but we keep on plugging along.

Leo

Leo,
    If you remember, try to let me know of any meets in the St. Louis area. That would be a great excuse to come home for a visit. If I had known about the meet in March, I would have entered yours, but I've already entered the St. Patrick's Meet in Atlanta (my first meet in five years). I'll let you know how it goes.

Leo & Greg

I'd appreciate a heads up on any meets that your LMSC's are involved in. I am in NE Arkansas - at the border of MO, TN and AR, just a stone's throw from the river. We don't have much action this part of the state, from a Masters' perspective, so I spend my competitive time in the water being humbled by the USA teenagers!

Thanks.

Very Active Member

LCM meet in Carbondale, IL

Candace,

Please look into the meet that we are having in Carbondale, IL (Southern Illinois University), July 21st. We are one hour's drive north of Paducah, KY, or a little less than an hour from Cape Girardeau, MO.

Click here to get our Meet Entry at our Saluki Masters website (PDF file)

We are in the CENTRAL LMSC.
    Mary Pohlmann

Hi Mary -

Yes, I have the entry form that you sent me. Thanks again! I will most likely be attending that meet - and it will be my FIRST Masters meet, so I am really looking forward to it!

Candace

Very Active Member
    Wonderful, Candace,

I think you'll find this is a great meet for first time Masters competitors - very low-key and fun.

Look forward to meeting you.

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

Candace,

Even though you're only a stone's throw from the Tennessee border, I'm in Knoxville, a good six hours drive from where you are. So, I won't know of anything going on over in that part of the state. (I'm a transplant from St. Louis and it seems as if people here in E. Tenn really don't claim Memphis as part of their state). Carbondale would be tempting though, if I can make it part of a visit home, it might work out for me to go. Good luck to you in your first meet and make sure you have fun with it.

Greg

Very Active Member

Carbondale LCM meet - July 21

Greg,

Hope you can make it to the meet in Carbondale, July 21st.

St Louis is usually well represented at our meet.

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann